<p>Forward Alyssa Thomas scored 28 points in the Terps win over Michigan State in the NCAA tournament second round March 25.</p>

Forward Alyssa Thomas scored 28 points in the Terps win over Michigan State in the NCAA tournament second round March 25.

The preseason accolades keep coming for Alyssa Thomas.

The Associated Press named the Terrapins women’s basketball forward to its preseason All-American Team on Tuesday.

It’s one of several honors Thomas has gotten during the preseason. In October, the Blue Ribbon panel and ACC coaches named the Harrisburg, Pa., native Preseason ACC Player of the year.

Thomas enters her final season with the Terps after posting historic numbers last year, averaging 18.8 points, 10.3 rebounds and 5.3 assists per game. She’s the only player in NCAA or WNBA history to average over 18 points, 10 rebounds and five assists in a season.

In the Terps’ exhibition game against Holy Family last Saturday, Thomas performed to those averages. She led the team in three major categories, scoring 20 points, grabbing 11 rebounds and dishing five assists in 18 minutes.

Other players on the preseason All-American team include Stanford’s Chiney Ogwumike, Baylor’s Odyssey Sims, and Connecticut’s Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis and Breanna Stewart. Mosqueda-Lewis, Stewart and the Huskies defeated the Terps twice last season, and the teams will match up Nov. 15 at Comcast Center.

The Terps are ranked No. 8 in the AP Preseason Top 25.

The team opens their regular season in Tampa, Fla. against South Florida on Friday.