Prince George’s County Police responded to an armed robbery, in which a student fell victim, and an attempted armed robbery yesterday.

County police arrested three males, who were armed with brass knuckles and a knife, in connection with the armed robbery, according to an email alert. The suspects included 20-year-old Edgar Hernandez of Riverdale, a 15-year-old male and a 17-year-old male.

The three males allegedly punched a student in front of Shanghai Cafe at about 3 a.m. Sunday. They then proceeded to go through the student’s pockets before taking his wallet and iPhone, which was eventually recovered, according to the alert. An officer pursued and arrested the suspects.

The student suffered minor injuries but did not go to a hospital, the alert stated.

At about 1:15 p.m. yesterday, a male allegedly displayed a handgun inside The Varsity and demanded a person’s laptop, University Police spokesman Capt. Marc Limansky said. The victim refused to hand over the laptop and after a brief scuffle, the suspect fled the scene, Limansky said. County and University Police are continuing to search for the suspect.

Police described the suspect as a 5-foot-8, 165-pound black male wearing a black ski mask, black peacoat and dark blue jeans.

The victim told police a second suspect may have been involved, police said.

Limansky advised students to be careful when choosing whether to comply with robbers.

“People need to use good judgment,” he said. “Every situation is different. The person with the best information is the person on the scene.”

Limansky said students walking home alone late at night should call for a police escort and report any suspicious behavior, in addition to avoiding excessive alcohol consumption.